Customer Booking Terms and Conditions incl. important Coronavirus information
- Welcome and Definitions
1.1 This agreement sets out the terms under which guests will book and stay at 5 Penffordd Goch, including such things as the payment process, arrival and departure, and cancellations.
1.2 These terms and conditions apply to all Bookings, whether made by telephone, post, or over the internet. By making a Booking, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
1.3 We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
1.4 We recommend that you print or save a copy of these Booking Terms and Conditions. Please read them in conjunction with the ‘Guest Rules’ and ‘Departure Checklist’ which are available at the end of this document.
1.5 There are a number of definitions used within this document:
- the “Property” refers to 5 Penffordd Goch, Cae Clyd, Manod, Blaenau Ffestiniog, which is being made available for short term holiday lets
- “Property Owners”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Edward and Heather Land, who own the Property
- the “Booking” refers to the contract between you and the Property Owners
- “Named Guest” refers to the person making the Booking with the Property Owners
- “Holiday Period” refers to the dates you reserve the Property;
- “Stay” refers to the time you spend at 5 Penffordd Goch during your Holiday Period
- “Rental Price” refers to the total cost of your Booking
- “Deposit” refers to the amount which you are asked to pay to secure the Booking
- “Balance” refers to what is left to pay of the total Rental Price of your Booking, after payment of any Deposit.
- “Breakage Deposit” refers to an amount requested to be held by the Property Owners as security against any damages, stains, or breakages that may occur (accidental or otherwise) during your stay, including against increased cleaning costs where the Property has not been left in a fit state to be set back to rights within the usual time.
- “Guests” or “Members of your Party” refers to holidaymakers other than you that are booked to stay at the Property during the Holiday Period under your Booking
- The Booking
2.1 This contract is between the Property Owners and you, the “Named Guest”.
2.2 A contract between the Named Guest and the Property Owners will come into existence when we receive payment of the Deposit by you. We will accept your Booking by issuing a confirmation of the booking for your Holiday Period.
2.3 The Deposit is 25% of the full holiday Rental Price. The Deposit is non-refundable, apart from in the unlikely event that we cannot honour your booking for some reason. If this happens, we will contact you and the Deposit will be repaid in full and as soon as possible.
2.4 The contract binds you and all the Members of your Party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all Members of your Party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. As the Named Guest, you take responsibility for any issues.
2.5 Bookings cannot be accepted from anyone who is less than 18 years of age at the time of booking.
2.6 The Property Owners reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason. Bookings are not accepted from groups which are considered unsuitable for the Property by the Property Owners, such as stag or hen groups.
2.7 It is noted and acknowledged that Bookings are for holiday purposes only and cannot give rise to a tenancy. It is agreed that the Property will not be used at any time for business use. The maximum holiday period for any booking is 3 weeks (twenty one days).
2.8 It is strongly advised that you take out travel insurance to cover you if you are unable to make use of your Booking for whatever reason, to insure you against potentially losing any monies.
- Making a Booking, and Payment
3.1 The Balance of the price (i.e. the full Rental Price less the Deposit paid) is due for payment in full six weeks prior to the start date of the Booking. Failure to pay the Balance in full by the due date will be deemed to be a cancellation of the Booking. The Property will then be re-advertised and no refund will be due.
3.2 If your holiday is due to start within six weeks of you booking it, the full price will be due at the time of booking, plus a Breakage Deposit of £100.
3.3 On receipt of the Balance, key collection arrangements and travel directions will be sent to the Named Guest.
3.4 Payments may be made online securely using the Stripe payment method through our booking system, which accepts Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express. You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
3.5 On payment of the Balance of the Rental Price, the Property Owners require payment of a Breakage Deposit of £100 per Booking. The Breakage Deposit will be returned to the Named Guest by 7 working days after the end of your Holiday Period, less the cost of any damage/breakages/spills to the Property, its furnishings or fixings (other than normal wear and tear) which either you or our cleaner notifies us of.
- Cancellations and Alterations
4.1 If you wish to cancel your Booking, this must be done in writing. It is also helpful for you to telephone the Property Owners to give as much notice as possible. The following sets out our cancellation charges, which depend on how much notice you give us:
1 week’s notice or less – 100% of Rental Price
2 week’s notice or less – 85% of Rental Price
3 week’s notice or less – 60% of Rental Price
4 week’s notice or less – 50% of Rental Price
5 week’s notice or less – 40% of Rental Price
6 week’s notice or less – 30% of Rental Price
More than 6 week’s notice – 25% of Rental Price (i.e. the Deposit)
If we manage to secure another booking for the Holiday Period you cancel, we will, of course, offer you a greater refund if possible.
4.2 Your Booking will not be cancelled by the Property Owners except in exceptional circumstances beyond their control – for instance if something has occurred at the Property making it uninhabitable such as a flood, or broken boiler etc. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and the Property Owners will promptly refund all payments made towards the Booking so far. The Property Owners’ liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to them.
4.3 If you wish to make any alterations to your Booking, this must be done in writing. Whilst all reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate you, this will be at the sole discretion of the Property Owners.
- Property Description
5.1 The Property is privately owned and is let for self-catering holidays. The Rental Price is per Property, not per person.
5.2 Whilst we endeavour to make sure that all photos and descriptions used on the website snowdoniacottageretreat.com are accurate and up-to-date, we reserve the right to make changes to the general decor, fixtures and fittings from time to time, and these changes may not be reflected on the website as soon as they are made. The Property Owners cannot be held responsible if, on arrival, the Property does not meet the Named Guest’s expectations due to changes of this nature.
5.3 All Guests should be aware that the unfortunately the Property is unsuitable for wheelchair access, having steps up to the front door, narrow steps out the garden, a step internally from the lounge to the kitchen, and an internal staircase to reach the first floor.
5.4 The Named Guest should be aware that there is no car parking directly adjacent to the Property. There is a large residents car park about 200m down the road which serves all the properties on the road. All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
5.5 The Named Guest should note that whilst the cottage can sleep five people, the accommodation includes one set of bunk beds, which whilst fit for adult use up to 18 stone per bunk, may not suit everyone.
5.6 All bed linen is provided. Towels are also supplied, although guests must bring their own beach towels, if required.
5.7 Guests who wish to make use of the highchair provided in the Property, do so at their own risk.
5.8 The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. Download and uploading speeds may vary due to the location of the property. Phone signal is available but can be variable depending on your service provider.
- Your Responsibilities
6.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided is accurate, true and up-to-date. Please check your Booking Confirmation when you receive it to make sure all details are accurate.
6.2 You promise to the Property Owners that during the Holiday Period:
6.2.1 the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on your Booking Confirmation, and that only those people listed on the Booking form may occupy the house. The Property Owners reserve the right to terminate the Booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition;
6.2.2 the Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by you and your Guests, and that you will not sub-let the Property or any part of it, including any equipment;
6.2.3 you will (and ensure that your Guests will) show all due consideration and respect towards the Property Owners and their neighbours or other persons or parties that have a connection with the Property such as the cleaners. This includes misusing the Property in any way, or dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards such persons or parties;
6.2.4 you will (and ensure that your Guests will) use the Property lawfully, will not abuse any facilities provided, and will comply with the ‘Guest Rules’ and health and safety and other instructions notified to you by the Property Owners in connection with the Property;
6.2.5 you will allow the Property Owners or their representatives to access the Property at any reasonable time during the Holiday Period provided that the Property Owner provides reasonable advance notice (except in emergencies);
6.2.6 you will keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the Holiday Period and to ensure that at the end of that period, the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. Guests are also responsible for the correct disposal of rubbish and waste for recycling, using the bins and instructions provided in the Property. The Property Owners may make an additional, reasonable charge for professional cleaning after your and your Guests’ occupancy as may be required to return the Property to its original state of cleanliness and tidiness;
6.2.7 you will report as soon as possible to the Property Owners any breakages or damage caused by you or your Guests during the Holiday Period. You promise to fully reimburse the Property Owners for the cost of replacement or repair for such breakages or damage. Any monies due will be taken out of the Breakage Deposit if the amount is anything up to £100. If, in an unlikely event, the cost of repairing or replacing the breakage or damage exceeds £100, the Property Owners will contact you to arrange to take further payment;
6.2.8 you will arrive after 4pm on the arrival day and vacate the Property by 10am on the day of departure, unless you have selected alternative check-in and check-out dates during the Booking process (as detailed in your Booking Confirmation) or agreed otherwise in writing with the Property Owners;
6.2.9 you will not allow any person other than you and your Guests to use the facilities and amenities of the Property without the express permission of the Property Owners;
6.2.10 you will read and enact all the ‘Guest Rules’ as provided at the time of booking. A copy is available at the Property, and at the end of this document;
6.2.11 you will not park or erect any caravans, camper vans, mobile homes or tents at the Property without the Property Owners’ permission;
6.2.12 It is your responsibility to notify all Guests before the Holiday Period starts of your and their obligations under this paragraph, 5.2;
6.2.13 You will be responsible for all Guests staying at the Property and the things they do (and do not do) even if you do not stay there yourself during the Holiday Period. Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times;
6.2.14 In the event that you or any Guest fails to comply with the requirements set out above in paragraph 5.2, the Property Owners can refuse to allow you and your Guests to enter and stay at the Property or can require you and your Guests to leave the Property before the end of the Holiday Period. In either case, you will be treated as having broken the terms of the Booking. You shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement.
6.3 Pets or smoking on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at your expense.
6.4 Please note that the keys are your responsibility during your stay at the Property, and any costs through loss, damage or loss of access to the Property will be payable by you. There is a ‘Checklist on Leaving’ available in the Guest Information Pack and also inside the Property, which should help you to remember to return keys to their relevant places when you vacate the Property.
- Property Owner’s Responsibilities
7.1. The Property Owners promise to keep the Property in a good state of repair, cleanliness and presentation.
7.2 As and when the Property Owners may make any changes to the description of the Property or the Booking process, or these Terms and Conditions, the Named Guest will be notified in writing, and as soon as possible.
7.3 The Property Owners promise to treat you and the Members of your Party with all due respect and consideration.
7.4 The Property Owners promise to hold and maintain an appropriate insurance policy to cover their liabilities at the Property.
7.5 The Property Owners shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the building or outside spaces.
7.6 The Property Owners do not take responsibility for any circumstances out of their control, such as bad weather conditions, failure of public utilities, fire, flood, drought etc which may lead to facilities offered at the cottage becoming unavailable.
- Complaints and Queries
8.1 We take all complaints seriously and will endeavour to resolve any complaint as soon as is possible, depending on the nature of the complaint. Please report your complaint as soon as possible to the Property Owners.
8.2 We regret that if we receive your complaint more than two working days after the end of your holiday, it will not be considered, except at the Property Owners’ discretion.
8.3 If you have any queries relating to your booking, please contact us in writing or by telephone and we will answer you query as promptly as possible.
8.4 Lost Property: if you realise that you have left something at the Property after you have vacated the Property, please contact us as soon as possible, and we will pass on your query to our cleaner. They will search for your item and respond as soon as possible as to whether it has been found. If you would like the item to be returned to you, this will be done at your expense. Please note, the cleaner’s search for your item may also incur an additional charge, for instance if they have had to re-visit the property to carry out the search.
9.1 The Property Owners can be contacted at:
Or by telephone on 07816539632.
- Important Coronavirus Information and Guidance
10.1 BEFORE the Holiday Period:
10.1.1 If the Named Guest or any of the other Guests have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (which you can find at https://gov.wales/coronavirus ) BEFORE their holiday at the Property is due to commence, they must not take up their Booking if the guidance on self-isolating would still apply by the start date of the Holiday Period. See https://gov.wales/coronavirus to check latest guidelines, also the guidelines from other parts of the UK, if applicable.
10.1.2 Please advise the Property Owners as soon as possible if you cannot take up your Booking due to Covid-19 or suspected Covid-19 or because you or any of the Guests are self-isolating including if via a track and trace request. Our cancellation charges outlined in 3.1 above, will not apply and we will offer you a full refund, however we would ask for evidence to prove the need to self-isolate, e.g. doctor’s note, a copy of a positive coronavirus test result email, photo of your track and trace isolation request, letter from school etc.
10.1.3 Please advise the Property Owners as soon as possible if you cannot take up your Booking due to coronavirus-related travel restrictions in your area or tier, or a national or local lockdown meaning that you are prohibited from travelling to the Property to take up your holiday. Our cancellation charges outlined in 3.1 above, will not apply and we will offer you a full refund. Also, if we are unable to honour your Booking due to a national or local lockdown in the locality of the Property, our cancellation charges outlined in 3.1 above, will not apply and we will offer you a full refund.
10.1.4 It is your responsibility to check whether the people you want to holiday with at the Property, are allowed to share indoor space together, under the social distancing guidelines for Wales. Latest guidelines can be found at https://gov.wales/coronavirus . For instance, if you are hoping to have members of other households other than your own as Members of your Party, you will need to check whether it is permitted in Gwynedd county, Wales. The Property Owners cannot accept your Booking if the relevant social distancing guidelines pertaining to the Members of your Party are not being adhered to.
10.2 DURING the Holiday Period:
10.2.1 On arrival at the Property, please can the Named Guest and all other Guests use the NHS track and trace QR code to ‘check in’.
10.2.2 If the Named Guest or any of the other Guests notice that they have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 during their Stay, they must all self-isolate, book a test, and follow the latest government and NHS guidelines, see https://gov.wales/coronavirus . They must also notify the Property Owners as soon as possible. Guidance concerning if the Named Guest or one of the other Guests have Covid-19 symptoms during their Stay is available on the www.pascuk.co.uk website, see here.
10.2.3 In the event that the Named Guest or any of the other Guests need to stay on at the Property beyond the end date of the Booking, due to covid-19, the Named Guest will be expected to pay any costs due to the Property Owners. This will include the cost of each extra night spent at the Property beyond the Booking, and any associated cleaning costs.
10.2.4 All Guests including the Named Guest agree to adhere to the latest Government Guidelines on social distancing and any other ‘lockdown’ or localised restriction measures in place under coronavirus. Latest guidelines can be found on www.gov.wales/coronavirus. Please note that there are sometimes differences between the guidelines in Wales and the rest of the UK. Whilst in Wales, please make sure you are following the Welsh guidelines.
10.2.5 All Guests including the Named Guest agree to follow and act upon the ‘Guest Rules’ and ‘Departure Checklist’, which include some updated measures designed to increase the safety of both our cleaners and guests. The cleaners are working to a revised and enhanced cleaning regime.
10.2.6 If you travel abroad before your Holiday Period is due to commence, or if you are travelling from abroad in order to take up your Booking at the Property, you may need to self-isolate for a number of days as per government rules, and this may affect your ability to take up your holiday. If you want to carry out any such self-isolation at the Property you will need the express permission of the Property Owners, gained in advance. Please see https://gov.wales/coronavirus-travel.
10.2.7 In addition to point 5.2 above, there will be some changes inside the Property with regards to the amount of touch points and surfaces available, (which may have potential for transmission of any coronavirus present, whether known or unknown). The property will appear in a more ‘streamlined’ version, for example: without books, maps, local leaflets, games, non-functional decor items in order to comply with coronavirus guidelines.
- Please wash your hands regularly and properly as per the coronavirus guidelines, especially when you come into the house after being out somewhere.
- Please keep the property ventilated during your stay as much as possible – i.e. open windows when in the house or garden. Good air flow decreases potential for viruses to spread.
- Please make sure windows are closed when you are not at the property e.g. out for the day. This includes the velux windows in the main bedroom. This is for insurance reasons as well as weather, as you never know when there might be a shower!
- No shoes upstairs, and please try and limit downstairs as much as is practically possible.
- Please don’t put anything down the toilet other than toilet paper (especially important as we share a drain with our neighbours at number 4).
- Please remember to turn off the under-floor heating in the kitchen when you go to bed each night and don’t leave on all day if you are not there to enjoy it!
- Please be mindful of energy use and don’t leave the heating or hot water on constantly
- Please use coasters
- No candles please
- Absolutely NO smoking or vaping anywhere inside the property. If you do smoke outside please do not leave any cigarette butts on the ground or in the garden (if our cleaner has to spend extra time clearing up cigarette butts or similar this may incur an extra cleaning charge).
- Noise: it is a terraced house so whilst some noise is expected by the neighbours, please be mindful, and keep noise to a minimum after 10.30pm please.
- If you hoover the grey rug in the lounge, please use the weakest setting on the hoover, as it is a wool rug and prone to pulls, thank you.
- Please do not put sopping wet items on radiators (risk of fire). Damp items are fine if just finishing the drying process off, but do not leave items on radiators for prolonged periods.
- Do not bring bikes into the cottage. Use the grassy access path to the rear of the property to access the shed or garden for storage.
- Please keep the shed locked when not in use.
Thank you for working with us
If you have any problems with any of the following, please text or phone us on 07816539632 or 07917285072 before you depart so that we can advise you on what to do, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Under coronavirus we have to ask a little more of you to help us to keep you, our cleaners and future guests as safe as possible, so thank you for your help and understanding in carrying out this checklist.
- Please strip the sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers from each used bed, and put them in the large orange laundry bag provided, along with all towels used, and the bathmat.
- Please empty all bins that have been used, upstairs and downstairs. Anything that can be recycled should be sorted into the blue boxes kept on the roadside at the front of the property, and any landfill should be put in the green wheelie bin, also on the roadside. Please leave the wheelie bin slightly out onto the road for collection. Further details on sorting recycling is in the Visitor Information Pack or see the information on the kitchen wall notices area.
- Please ensure all items in the kitchen are put away. Do not leave any washing up, or items drying on the drainer, but put them back in the cupboards please. Please remember to empty the dishwasher too.
- Please ensure the toilet has been flushed.
- If there have been any accidents where blood or bodily fluids have been released please leave a brief note or email details to email@example.com as such instances will need to be handled with extra care to avoid potential cross-infection.
- Please make sure both the heating and hot water are on ‘auto’ on the control panel upstairs.
- Please make sure all lights are switched off, including the outside light outside the back door.
- Whilst we prefer all windows to be shut as per the Guest Rules, on departure, please could you leave a few open, so that the property has been ventilated before our cleaner comes in. If you can have lots of windows open the morning you depart whilst packing up that would be great too. We suggest leaving all three bedroom windows open, though not any skylights in case of rain. Other windows represent a greater security risk to the property so should be left shut.
- Please check that you haven’t left any food in the house, including in any cupboards, the fridge or freezer, which should be emptied.
- Please leave the electric shower pull on the bathroom ceiling set to ‘off’.
- Please leave the wood-burning stove and fireplace as you found it.
- Please email, phone or text us any housekeeping notes such as any damages or lightbulbs that need replacing. It helps us to know this information asap so that our cleaner has time to attend to any issues before the next guests are due.
- Please make sure the shed and back door are locked, and leave the keys on the high hook to the right of the back door.
- Lock the front door on exit and replace the front door key back in the outside key safe.
Thank you. We hope you have enjoyed your stay and have a safe journey home.