- Welcome and Definitions
1.2 There are a number of definitions used within this document:
- the “Property” refers to 5 Penffordd Goch, Cae Clyd, Manod, Blaenau Ffestiniog, which is being made available for short term holiday lets.
- “Property Owners” or “we”, “our”, “us” refers to Edward and Heather Land, who own the Property and who are the data controllers.
- the “Booking” refers to the contract between you and the Property Owners.
- “Named Guest” refers to the person making the Booking with the Property Owners.
- “Holiday Period” refers to the dates you reserve the Property.
- “Stay” refers to the time you spend at 5 Penffordd Goch during your Holiday Period.
- “Guests” or “Members of your Party” refers to holidaymakers other than you that are booked to stay at the Property during the Holiday Period under your Booking
- Collection of Data including Purpose
2.1 For the purposes of carrying out the booking process and allowing the Named Guest and any Guests to holiday at the Property, the Property Owners need to collect the following information from the Named Guest:
- Name and surname
- Postal address and email address
- Contact telephone number/s
- Booking details including dates of the Holiday Period and number of Guests including whether they are adults or children (sometimes asking for ages of children where appropriate, for example in order to determine whether the high chair is needed).
2.2 The Property Owners also collect data on how you heard about Snowdonia Cottage Retreat, which is helpful as it feeds into future advertising and marketing of the Property.
2.3 If the Named Guest would like to receive the Breakage Deposit back via bank transfer, bank details may be needed by the Property Owners.
2.4 We collect the data either through direct contact with the Named Guest via telephone, social media, email or letter, or through our online booking system ‘Bookalet’.
2.5 The Named Guest should notify the Property Owners if any of their personal information needs updating.
- Use of Personal Data
3.1 The Property owners may use the data given by the Named Guest for the following:
- In order to send and receive emails about the Booking or general enquiries
- In order to generate invoices and receipts to do with the Booking
- In order to return the Breakage Deposit after the end of the Stay
- Where a review is given at the end of a Stay, this review may be posted on our website www.snowdoniacottageretreat.com using first names only and general location e.g. ‘Catherine and James, London’. Explicit permission will be requested for this.
- In order to keep a record of our relationship with our Named Guest.
- In order to contact the Named Guest in the future to notify them of any special offers, repeat booking information etc, where explicit permission is given for the Property Owners to do this.
3.2 For the purposes of cleaning the Property and ensuring the correct amount of bedding and towels are provided for each Booking, essential data given by the Named Guest will be passed on by the Property Owners to their cleaner. The information passed on includes:
- Name and surname of Named Guest
- Contact telephone number of Named Guest in case of emergency (only passed on if/when the occasion arises)
- Relevant Booking details including dates of the Holiday Period, number of Guests including whether they are adults or children, and any other special comments, eg. whether the highchair is required.
- Storage of Data
4.1 Information given to us by the Named Guest will be kept securely for up to 7 years. This is in order for the Property Owners to comply with the UK Government legislation concerning the keeping of financial records for 7 years.
4.2 The Property Owners care about their Guests’ privacy and will exercise all due diligence to protect any data held.
- Third Parties
5.1 The Property Owners promise never to pass on or sell an individual’s data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR 2018
6.1 The Data Protection Act 2018 can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted
6.2 Your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR 2018 are:
- Right of access (the right to know what information is being kept and for what purpose)
- Right to prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing. (The Named Guest or any other Guests can notify the Property Owners at any time if they do not wish to be sent direct marketing e.g. via email).
- The right to be informed (we must be transparent about what we do with your data)
- The right of rectification (you can make changes to data held by us if your data is incorrect or out of date)
- The right to be forgotten (have personal data deleted or removed)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object (you can tell us if you do not want us to use your data in certain ways, eg. to contact you with any future offers).
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
6.3 More information can be found at www.ico.org.uk
8.1 If the Named Guest or any other of the Guests would like to request a copy of the information held about them by the Property Owners, or need to amend any of their information, or would like to change or check any consents given, they should contact the Property Owners via email: email@example.com or via phone on 07816539632.
Updated July 2020